Sunday, July 15, 2012

What We're Eating

I had visions of this lovely month listing of all of our delicious meals.  Reality set in--for almost a whole week we either ate out, ate leftovers, or the kids ate nuggets or hot dogs for dinner.  You know how it goes.  Oops!  It certainly wasn't a blog post worthy of my original idea.

In my former life before kiddos, I claimed to be a foodie.  It's sometimes hard for me to get excited about or even think of something for dinner that will be well-balanced, quick to make, and happily eaten by the whole family.  I love cooking, I love my children, and I love food that tastes good--really good.  

Being stuck in a food rut is no fun, so please share your favorites with me.  Here is a random assortment of recipes we've tried over the summer and loved.  We aren't as super healthy as this looks.  These are interspersed with many pizzas and some shameless snacking not listed below--that would be too embarrassing.  Enjoy!

Green Salad with Roasted Pears and Blue Cheese

Garlic Spaghetti

Sauteed Cannellini Beans

Warm Butter Lettuce Salad with Hazelnuts

Spiced Kettle Corn

Rolled Turkey and Apple Quesadilla

Carrot and Zucchini Mini Muffins

Grilled Asparagus and Melon Salad

Round and Round Pasta

Berry Lemonade

Basil Turkey Sliders

Pork al Pastor Tacos

Thai Peanut Chicken

Mix and Match Quiche ~ Asparagus, grape tomatoes, and bacon

Ginger Soy Shrimp and Snap Peas ~  Thank you, fellow blogger, for doing such a lovely job posting this recipe.  It was on the package of my grill basket, nowhere online through Williams-Sonoma, and too yummy not to share.

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

Canadian Bacon and Potato Quiche

Banana Quinoa "Rice" Pudding

Paleo Herb Buns

Corn with Lime-Sage Butter

Eggplant Ricotta Bites

No comments: